Wednesday 31 August 2011

Feeling Weepy

This time of the year has me feeling weepy.  Why?  I miss University.
I miss being at Mount Allison University, where I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Political Science in 2007.  Set in scenic Sackville New Brunswick, Mt.A was a wonderful place.
I miss the people, the campus, the professors, yes....even the studying.
Tomorrow is the first day back for 'Frosh', or first year students.  I often check out their website, www.mta.ca, to see what is going on with my favourite little place!

Now, I must confess, although I do very much miss Mt.A, during my time there I called my mother everyday, often more than once a day threatening to quit/drop out/fail out/ take a year off/ transfer.  I put my poor family through hell- but I did graduate on time and with a decent GPA (well, I considered it decent).

Even though I went through my first major break-up, and it was the break-up from hell, discovered the evils of alcohol, and became a regular at the campus pub- I also learned a lot about myself and the kind of person I wanted to become.  I'm still working on myself, but Mt.A did help me a great deal.  I love that place- even though I have mounds of student debt- I am still very fond of that little school and the four years I spent there.

1 comment: