Monday 26 December 2011

It Only Took 4 Years....

I began my University career in 2003.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 2007.
Christmas 2008 I asked to have my Degree framed... did not happen.
Christmas 2009 I asked to have my Degree framed... did not happen.
Christmas 2010 I asked to have my Degree framed... did not happen.
After 3 years of devastation I did not hold out much hope.  And then it happened-
Christmas 2011 my parents (Mr and Mrs LC) presented me with my Degree framed and matted in the Mount Allison's colours!

Stefan hung my degree in our living room today.  After looking at it for a few minutes, he declared- "Isn't that a bit showy?".  To which I replied, "As my father would say, More is More".
Presenting, in Latin (a class I did not take) my Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Political Science from Mount Allison University.  Ranked in the top 2 Canadian Under-Graduate Universities for the past 11 years.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks fabulous. That's a very nice parchment ... ours don't look half as flash.

    Definitely show it off. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan actually put holes in the walls?! in the living room?! he must have known how badly you wanted this!

    ReplyDelete