Sunday 11 September 2011

Bmer is now a Big Boy

Bmer went up the stairs- by himself- twice!!

When Stefan and I first had Bmer we were living with his brother.  We tried and tried to teach Bmer to do the stairs, but he would only go up the first 4 and then stop on the little landing and refuse to go up the rest.
One day I was puttering around downstairs and wondered, 'hmm, it is very quiet around here...where is the pup'.  He was upstairs!  He went up all the way by himself!  Stefan and I were so proud.

About a year later we purchased our own home- and Bmer took one look at the stairs and said ' no siree bob'.
We coaxed, bribed, begged and pleaded- no way would get even go up one step.



Well.....tonight that all changed.   I was upstairs tidying/organizing the Baby`s nursery when I hear "go one up, go see Mommy, good boy"- and then Bmer appeared!  Stefan pushed Bmer's bum up the first few stairs and then he tore off by himself!  After much praise and giving him a treat we had to carry him back downstairs (one feat at a time I guess).  About an hour later, I went upstairs and called him, and up he trotted!   He then proceeded to sleep on the couch for the rest of the evening... apparently stairs tucker him out!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good boy Bmer! He just wants the baby's toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! He'll be up and down like a yo-yo now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, the neurosis is lifting. I didn't think that dog would ever make it up all those stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think he'll ever make it down those stairs. Last time he attempted he slid on his tummy and then turned on his side- it was not good. He will jump off the back of the couch which is a good 4 feet, but will not even attempt going down. I think his legs are too short.

    ReplyDelete