Wednesday 29 February 2012

I'm Back!

Well it has been over a month, but I am back!!

I've been spending my time playing with Baby Boy (BB), reading, watching HGTV, cooking, and doing countless loads of laundry!

I'm going back to work early (8 months early) and thus have been searching for quick and easy recipes for dinner time.  I've pulled out my slow cooker, dusted it off and plan to put it to use!  If any of you have some favourite slow cooker (crock pot) dishes please share!!

Armed with my list of ingredients for the recipes I'll be trying, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on meats, sauces, soups, and veggies.  While I was going down the last aisle something caught my eye that I haven't made in a while.... DONAIRS.  One of my favourite eats!  Although I'm not sure if donair meat comes from any animal I've ever heard of- it is delicious!  

In case any of you have not heard of or seen a donair here is a picture:


Pita Pocket drizzled with water, then quickly fried in a hot skillet, hot donair "meat", onions, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and donair sauce!!  YUM!!!

So I bought a kit- and am making them for dinner tonight!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh, those kits are the best!
    Now I want Donairs for supper!

    ReplyDelete